Monday, August 15, 2011

6 Ways to Guide Your Spouse to the Path of Truth :If Your Spouse Intentionally Does Not Fast

1) Remind your spouse of Allah and His rights.

2) Point out the danger of his/her actions.

3) Strive to find your spouse good friends from among his/her relatives or friends.

If its your husband: Find other pious husbands to talk with him and share useful tapes and pamphlets.

If its your wife: Find other pious wives to talk with her and share useful tapes and pamphlets on the matter.

4) If your keeping away from your spouse either husband/wife in bed will serve the purpose of deterring him/her and making him/her fast, then it is permissible, but if it will not achieve anything, then do not do it.

5) It is narrated that Abu Umaamah al-Baahili said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whilst I was sleeping, two men came to me and took hold of my upper arm, and brought me to a rugged mountain. They said: ‘Climb up.’ I said: ‘I cannot do it.’ They said: ‘We will make it easy for you.’ So I climbed up until I was at the top of the mountain. There I heard loud voices. I said: ‘What are these voices?’ They said: ‘This is the screaming of the people of Hell.’ Then I was taken and I saw people suspended by their ankles, with the corners of their mouths torn and pouring with blood. I said: ‘Who are these?’ They said: ‘These are the people who broke their fast before it was time to do so.’”

Narrated by al-Bayhaqi, no. 7796; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

If this is the punishment for the one who breaks his/her fast before it is time, then what about the one who does not fast at all?

6) If, in addition to not fasting, the spouse does not pray at all, then he/she is beyond the pale of Islam, according to the correct scholarly view. Based on that, it is not permissible to be remained married to that person.

‘Abd-Allaah ibn Shaqeeq said: the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used not to count the giving up of any action as kufr, apart from prayer.” You have to warn your husband/wife against neglecting the prayer. If he/she persists, it is not permissible for you to stay with him/her because you are a Muslim and he/she is something else. May Allaah help the Muslims to do what Allaah has commanded and to obey Him. You have to advise and scare him, and may Allaah bring about good for him through that.

And Allaah knows best.


Source(s):
islamqa, fatwa no. 10831, 38282, 4501

No comments: